Jr. High Youth Ministry
Our Jr. High Youth ministry is designed for all 6th - 8th graders.
meet regularly on Sunday mornings for Bible Study or Confirmation Class in the Ministry
Room building from 9:45am to 10:45 am. This is a time in which we journey together into God's Word and bring relevance of the Word into our daily lives. We dive into topics that engage all youth not only in the mind, but also in the heart. Please join us on Sunday mornings for dynamic discussions, food, and fellowship. (Confirmation runs from September through May)
Our Jr. High youth group wants to not only make a difference in the lives of our own youth, but we are striving to make a difference in the community and in the lives of those who Christ calls us to minister to! We have offered our support at many local charities and will continue that in the future. The first Wednesday night of each month is also a regularly scheduled night for service projects. Over the
course of the next year, we hope to take our service to places or areas in the
DFW metroplex that we haven't been able to serve at before. We want to serve others, just as our Lord
Jesus has served and saved us!
We meet regularly on Wednesday nights year round from 7:00pm – 8:30pm for midweek bible study, fellowship, and fun. Our
rotational schedule looks like this:
Wednesday of month – Service Project, Devotion, & Snack
Wednesday of month – Teambuilding & Games, Devotion, & Snack
Wednesday of month – Bible Study, Fellowship Night, & Snack
Wednesday of month – Theme Night, Devotion, & Snack
- We try to meet at least once a month outside of regularly scheduled ministry times to have an additional fellowship event. These events vary as to what we are doing, but we promise you, they are always a blast!
- We are right now in the planning stages of offering a summer mission trip to all Jr. High students each year at a relatively low and minimal cost.
- The following are some of the monthly fellowship activities you could expect to hear about at Grace: pool parties, Christian concerts, sporting events, movie nights, mall excursions, Super Bowl parties, cook outs, bowling, dances, and lock-ins.
Our goal is to have each of our Junior High youth join us for one retreat, if not more, throughout the year.We have three major retreats a year for Jr. High:
- 1 during the fall (October or November)
- 1 during the spring (February or March)
- 1 during the summer (June or July)
This page updated October 7, 2010.